Monday, September 6, 2010

my favorite short story from this unit.

       I've always loved stories with a bit of suspense. That feeling of 'what's going to happen next?' is what glues me to a book and keeps me from putting it down.  However, despite the abundance of suspense in 'The Sniper', it's not my favorite story from this unit - I've just never been a fan of war stories. 'Lamb to the Slaughter' was suspenseful, dramatic and had an unexpected plot twist at the ending. I think one of the most enjoyable aspects of the story is the change in mood. During the exposition, Mary Maloney is sitting at home and the overall mood is very tranquil. You start to get the feeling that something is wrong when Mr. Maloney gets home, and when Mary kills him the mood of the story changes completely. I thought that this really contributed to the story: making it entertaining to read, and overall my favorite story of the unit.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite story in the unit was "Lamb to the Slaughter" too, and I also liked the unexpected plot twist in the story.

    ReplyDelete